Revised Camposanto project (c. 1320)

Under the guidance of Giovanni Rossi, head of the Opera between 1319 and 1332, a revised project for the Camposanto is developed: four large galleries arranged in a cloister-like scheme. To make space for this building, the Church of the Trinity is largely dismantled. The eastern and the western gallery of the Camposanto are completed by 1340.