Insertion of eleven stained glass windows in the south and east galleries (1456-1489)

Starting in 1456, the Pisan workshop of Leonardo and Bartolommeo della Scarperia executes a series of stained glass windows to be installed in the eastern part of the southern gallery (in front of Buffalmacco’s frescoes) and in the subsequent opening of the eastern gallery. Most of these windows contain figural representations dedicated to the life of Christ. In 1490, they are removed and transferred to the Cathedral.